This is a major upgrade release for Brainspace. For most customers, this upgrade will require a full project to coordinate activities within their organization. This not a simple version or 'dot' release. Please plan accordingly.
- Employ a Staging Environment. All clients are encouraged to maintain a staging environment similar to their production solution to test, plan and train. Brainspace 6 represents a significant upgrade and provides new opportunities for conducting investigations. Plan and manage your upgrade without impacting your core business production environment. *Note: Staging or Test license volumes do NOT count against your Production licensing allocations. Due to differences between Discovery and Brainspace 6, all clients are highly encouraged to deploy a Test environment if they don’t already have one.
- Organizational Readiness - Upgrading to Brainspace 6 will require involvement from multiple areas within the client’s organization (Project Leads, Users, Admins, IT, Executive). This is a strategic initiative and cannot be treated as a routine IT resource led upgrade project! More: Updates your policies, workflows and prepare for a new end user experience. Brainspace has documentation, videos and information to help you improve your workflow and optimize your revenues selling Brainspace to your clients. Assign a Project Manager within your organization to ensure your upgrade receives the right level of focus.
- Technical. Brainspace 6 requires Redhat or CentOS 7.2 or newer operating system, so you will need recently built servers. Also, because Brainspace 6 further enables advanced analytics for your investigations, you will wish to consider more server resources (especially RAM and fast storage) for existing environments.
- Seek Training! Whether you attend Brainspace Analyst and Administrator Certification Training, or apply your own User and Administrator workflow updates and training, please make sure you are fully prepared for the powerful new investigative analytics in Brainspace 6 before you upgrade.
- Self-Service - KBs and Videos: Brainspace has an all-new Product User Guide and detailed user documentation for Brainspace 6. In addition, we have prepared an overview and focused videos on features in Brainspace 6.
- Full Service - Shared and Dedicated Training: Brainspace offers Analyst and Administrator Certification Training, at our location or yours. Contact Kelsey Harker, firstname.lastname@example.org, for program details and to book your training session.
- Know your objective - What business objectives do you wish to achieve with your upgrade to Brainspace 6? Share your expectations with your Brainspace Client Success Manager or CSM, and we will work with you to ensure we create a project plan that includes the necessary steps for success to accomplish your objectives.
- Note: Brainspace 6 Beta Clients - The GA release of Brainspace 6 does not support upgrades from any Brainspace 6 Beta version releases. The Brainspace 6 GA release can only be installed fresh or applied as an upgrade to a stable Discovery 5 solution.
Contact Brainspace Support to begin planning for your upgrade today.